White Noise Links of Interest
In addition to blocking out annoying background sounds in both home and office, white noise offers therapeutic benefits for a number of hearing, vestibular and sensory disorders. It's also ideal for calming babies to sleep, especially those with colic.
Here are several sites that feature white noise and its many sound masking uses and treatments. Please be sure to check with your physician or other healthcare professional before undertaking any treatment on your own.
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
- ADDA's mission is to help people with AD/HD lead happier, more successful lives through education, research, and public advocacy.
- Children and Adults With Attention Deficit Disorders (CH.A.D.D.)
- A dynamic organization helping children and adults with ADD/ADHD.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Help Center
- Research-based information about Attention Deficit Disorder, ADHD medications, ADHD symptoms, causes of ADHD and drug-free alternatives to Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta and Dexedrine.
Baby Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes Music with White Noise
- Hospital-tested, doctor-approved baby lullaby music CDs and tapes that blend soothing heartbeat rhythms and nature sounds with white noise, to lovingly help your child gently relax and fall asleep naturally. Ideal for colic relief and calming fussy infants.
hearing health care, hearing aids, hearing loss
- Healthy Hearing.com
- Features news, information and resources for those interested in hearing, causes and treatment of hearing loss, and hearing amplification systems.
- News and information website for audiology and hearing health care.
acute sensitivity to everyday sounds
The goal of the Hyperacusis Network is to provide information and support to hyperacusis sufferers.
Back to top
fluid build-up in the canals of the inner ear, which can result in tinnitus, dizziness, gradual hearing loss, etc.
- Online support for those suffering from Ménière's Disease.
also known as selective sound sensitivity syndrome, an extreme dislike of certain sounds
- Misophonia Support Group
- UK-based worldwide support group for those suffering from Misophonia, a neuro-otological disorder that affects children and adults.
Sleeplessness and Insomnia
- National Sleep Foundation
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the understanding of insomnia, sleep and sleep disorders.
ringing in the ears
- American Tinnitus Association
- To silence tinnitus through education, advocacy, research, and support.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Tinnitus management suggestions.
- Tinnitus Support Message Board
- To increase awareness of tinnitus through the mutual exchange of information.
White Noise CDs
- Pure White Noise®
- Pure White Noise® offers convenient white noise CDs and tapes for relaxation and sleeping. Its sound masking benefits are ideal for noisy offices as well as alleviating symptoms of tinnitus, hyperacusis, and attention deficit disorder (ADD/ADHD). Choose from a variety of natural and machine white noise sounds, including gentle ocean waves, soothing wind, tranquil rain, calming electric fan hum, comforting radio static, and more.